The Department of Civil Engineering function to conduct the Diploma program in the field of Civil Engineering. In the pursuit of excellence, the Department of Civil Engineering lays claim to the legacy of innovative and user friendly technologies, sharpening and redefining the principles of construction.
To develop highly competent Civil engineers who can take-up the global challenges with latest technologies to suit the needs of the industry and society.
- To educate the students the basics and recent advancements of civil engineering.
- To impart industry focused technical skills and adhere to social and ethical values.
- To inculcate employable, entrepreneurial and life-long learning skills for sustainable development of the society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- PEO 1: To be a successful Diploma Graduates who can identify, analyze and solve different challenges in execution and maintenance of civil construction works.
- PEO 2: To be able to handle the modern engineering equipment’s and software’s for planning and design of Civil Engineering structures.
- PEO 3: To be successful in their professional careers including Entrepreneurship.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO 1: Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify and analyses well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO 3: Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- PO 4: Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO 5: Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO 6: Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- PO 7: Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO 1: Carry out survey, prepare plan, drafting and estimate for Civil Engineering works.
- PSO 2: Supervise, Co-ordinate, construct and maintain construction activities.
- PSO 3: Assist in design of Civil Engineering structures.