Electronics and Communication Engineering
This is the backbone of the IT industry. A course in Electronics and Communication Engineering provides enormous job opportunities in electronics and software companies. All electronic devices need software interface to run and they come with one or other device controlling programmes architected and developed by electronics and communication engineers.
To produce globally competitive and socially sensitized engineering graduates and to bring out quality research in the frontier areas of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- To offer qualitative Electronics & Communication engineering education and professional ethics of global standards through innovative methods of teaching and learning with practical orientation so as to prepare students for successful career / higher study.
- Develop accomplished technical personnel with a strong background on fundamental and advanced concepts, have excellent professional conduct.
- To provide best learning environment to the students, faculty and staff members conducive to ongoing excellence in technical education.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- PEO 1: To produce graduates with understanding of fundamentals and applications of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- PEO 2: To hone graduates with ability to apply, analyze, design and develop electronic systems.
- PEO 3: To enhance graduates with latest technologies to enable them to engineer products for real world problems.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO 1: Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify and analyses well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO 3: Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- PO 4: Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO 5: Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO 6: Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- PO 7: Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO 1: Graduates will be able to apply fundamentals of electronics in various domains of analog and digital systems.
- PSO 2: Design and analyze various functional elements of different modes of communication systems and signal processing.
- PSO 3: Demonstrate and implement variety of automation system by controlling, processing different signals according to the required specifications keeping in mind it’s societal and environment effect.