Mechanical Engineering at AKM Polytechnic College was started in the academic year 2020. Our aim is to provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge with modern lab facilities.
To Educate and prepare the students of Mechanical Engineering Department to be technically proficient and instill an inspiration for innovation, entrepreneurship, Leadership qualities, and Professional ethics so as to be socially and economically useful for development of the society.
- To impart quality education in the field of production, design, thermal, industrial and automation engineering.
- To mold students with innovative creativity, commanding and personality skills which is most needed in today’s ever growing and ever-changing industrial scenario.
- To create Industry ready engineers with Modern Skills and updated technologies to cater to the needs of today’s industry.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- PEO 1: Students will be able to understand and apply the latest tools and soft wares for design, analysis, Fabrication of components and parts used in mechanical engineering.
- PEO 2: Students will gain knowledge about engines and machines including machinery parts, to draft, design and solve critical problems in mechanical Processes.
- PEO 3: Students will be able to develop team building and collective teamwork strategies for working in industries by collaborating with industries for industrial projects and Industrial internships .
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO 1: Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify and analyses well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO 3: Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- PO 4: Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO 5: Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO 6: Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- PO 7: Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO 1: Understand and apply the basics and fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering to solve problems faced by todays Mechanical Industries.
- PSO 2: To identify and formulate solutions to engineering problems by knowledge gained through Mechanical sciences and continuously review the same to arrive at optimum conclusions.
- PSO 3: To develop skills in modern Mechanical technologies by undergoing various hands-on Mechanical training in Industries and use of Mechanical engineering soft wares like CAD/CAM which is used for drafting and modelling of mechanical components.